The European Union has condemned Monday's explosion in Russia's St. Petersburg metro which has so far killed at least 14 people.
"Our thoughts go out to the people of Russia, and in particular to those who have lost loved ones in today's explosion in the Saint Petersburg metro. We wish a swift recovery to those who have been injured," a statement by the spokesperson of the European External Action Service said.
"The European Union condemns in the strongest possible terms all acts of violence," it added.
The statement said EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and the European Commission Vice-President Federica Mogherini has sent condolences on behalf of the EU to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.
Early in the day, two subway stations were hit by explosions in which destructive elements in the Russian city of St. Petersburg killed at least 14 people, injuring 50 others.
GMT 18:33 2018 Wednesday ,03 January
EU deplores ‘unacceptable loss of life’ in Iran protestsGMT 12:05 2017 Thursday ,14 December
Dutch police ground drone-fighting eaglesGMT 16:22 2017 Wednesday ,13 December
10,000 foreign fighters returning to Europe: What can be done to stop them?GMT 16:03 2017 Monday ,04 December
Juncker greets Theresa May prior to Brexit negotiation meetingGMT 20:08 2017 Wednesday ,29 November
Iran denies Bulgaria PM entry into airspace en route to Saudi ArabiaMaintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©