usbacked forces advance in rebel stronghold in syria
Thursday 3 April 2025
Last Updated : GMT 09:40:38
Themuslimchronicle, themuslimchronicle

US-backed forces advance in rebel stronghold in Syria

Themuslimchronicle, themuslimchronicle

Themuslimchronicle, themuslimchronicleUS-backed forces advance in rebel stronghold in Syria

US-backed new Syrian Army in an unknown location in Syria.
Beirut - Arab Today

Advancing Kurdish and Arab fighters backed by US-led air strikes now control 40 percent of the Daesh stronghold of Manbij in northern Syria, a monitor said Sunday.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) had pushed deeper into the town near the border with Turkey, with air cover from the US-led coalition against the militants.
Around 2,300 civilians have fled Manbij in the past 24 hours as the SDF fighters advanced, according to the Britain-based monitor.
It said clashes between the joint Kurdish-Arab force and Daesh fighters were continuing in several parts of the town.
“It’s a street battle, and the process of eating away at IS (Daesh) territory is ongoing,” Observatory director Rami Abdel Rahman told AFP.
He said the SDF had advanced into eastern parts of Manbij, which is located in Aleppo province on Daesh’s main supply route between Syria and Turkey.
The SDF began its offensive to retake Manbij from Daesh on May 31, but progress slowed after it entered the town because of a fierce counteroffensive by the militants.
Thousands of civilians have already fled but thousands more are believed to remain, and there have been concerns about their fate as heavy fighting continues.
Earlier in the month, the SDF gave Daesh an ultimatum to leave Manbij within 48 hours, offering to allow fighters to flee with light weapons in what it described as a bid to protect civilians. The initiative came after at least 56 civilians, including children, were reportedly killed in US-led air strikes near Manbij.
The coalition has said it is investigating the deaths, which provoked a sharp backlash, including a call from the Syrian opposition National Coalition for the US-led strikes to be suspended. The 48-hour ultimatum was ignored by Daesh and fighting for the town has continued.
More than 280,000 people have been killed in Syria since the conflict began in March 2011 with anti-government protests.
The conflict has evolved into a complex multi-front war that has displaced over half Syria’s population.

Source ; Arab News

themuslimchronicle
themuslimchronicle

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

usbacked forces advance in rebel stronghold in syria usbacked forces advance in rebel stronghold in syria

 



Themuslimchronicle, themuslimchronicle
Themuslimchronicle, themuslimchronicle
Themuslimchronicle, themuslimchronicle

GMT 19:44 2017 Wednesday ,29 November

Venezuela's Maduro to seek 2nd term in 2018

GMT 21:49 2017 Tuesday ,28 February

April 20 - May 20

GMT 01:33 2017 Sunday ,12 February

MBRSC and AUS announce launch of Nayif

GMT 10:30 2017 Thursday ,21 September

Actress Haifa Wahby could sign contract

GMT 09:52 2017 Friday ,22 September

Manchester United post record profits

GMT 09:14 2017 Sunday ,08 October

Egyptian diplomat leads race

GMT 08:36 2017 Tuesday ,19 December

Nelly Karim happy for her advertising campaign

GMT 10:10 2017 Friday ,22 September

Picasso's Italy journey celebrated in Rome expo

GMT 11:25 2017 Saturday ,01 July

Foo Fighters to rock Acropolis

GMT 00:10 2017 Monday ,24 April

5 killed in house fire in NYC
Themuslimchronicle, themuslimchronicle
Themuslimchronicle, themuslimchronicle
 
 Themuslimchronicle Facebook,themuslimchronicle facebook  Themuslimchronicle Twitter,themuslimchronicle twitter Themuslimchronicle Rss,themuslimchronicle rss  Themuslimchronicle Youtube,themuslimchronicle youtube  Themuslimchronicle Youtube,themuslimchronicle youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

muslimchronicle muslimchronicle muslimchronicle muslimchronicle
themuslimchronicle themuslimchronicle themuslimchronicle
themuslimchronicle
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
themuslimchronicle, themuslimchronicle, themuslimchronicle